- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Montana Speech-Language Hearing Association (MSHA)–currently serving on the Executive Board as the SLP Member At-Large
Bilingual and Multicultural Emphasis Certificate
- Completed additional coursework and research activities related to working with the multicultural population.
- Completed a Master’s thesis on brain plasticity and second-language learning in adulthood. Utilized an electroencephalogram to assess the use of a computer program to improve the perception of Mandarin tones in native English speakers.
- Completed an honor’s thesis on bilingual narrative assessment and primary language impairment in Spanish-English bilingual children. Administered standardized tests and transcribed and analyzed language samples in English and Spanish.
ASHA’s Leadership Development Program:
- Led an interdisciplinary initiative to formalize district procedures for special education referrals for English Language Learners in Billings Public Schools.
- Engaged in monthly webinars and team meetings discussing leadership topics such as conflict management, coaching, and high-functioning teams.
- MSHA Convention 2018: Difference vs. Disorder: ELL Referrals and Evaluation
- MSHA Convention 2017: Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Development
- Minnesota Harp Society 2014: Hearing Protection for Musicians
- North Memorial Hospital 2013: Aging and Aphasia, A Life Course Perspective